The In Fine Feather Community, I love this place. I love teaching here. I love practicing here. I love all the people here. I love the light in here. I just love the In Fine Feather Community and am so thankful to Helena for creating such an inviting space for all of us to enjoy.
One of the biggest reasons I love teaching here so much is because of all of you. I feel like I know you and that you know me and there is something so comforting, so welcoming about that. I make an effort to know your names, your goals, your injuries and even a bit about your life outside of yoga. I feel it makes me a better teacher to know you so well.
And it’s so wonderful when you take the time to ask me about my practice or my life, that you know my son’s name and that I get stressed out when I have too many things on my plate. I always appreciate when you share your opinions about what you loved or didn’t love about class or about the play list. This also makes me a better teacher and more vested in making sure you love what we’re doing here.
Want to know another great thing about In Fine Feather? You don’t have to be here everyday to feel like your part of this community. Whether you come once a day, once a week or once a month, we love and value your involvement just the same. We know that sometimes it can be difficult to make it to your mat or into the studio – we’ve all been there. Life gets busy. Things get in the way. But this spring, we’d like to challenge you to make yoga a part of your everyday for just 30 days.
If you haven’t heard about it yet, we are hosting another 30 Day Challenge starting March 1st. That’s 30 yoga classes in 30 days. I know, I know… it seems like a lot. But trust me when I say that you won’t regret making the effort. Making the effort to take care of yourself. Making the effort to improve your practice. Making the effort to slow down.
This challenge will make you feel even more connected with our awesome community of yogis. You’ll start to see the same faces every day and connect in new ways. Whether it’s just a nod or a full blown conversation on how much you love or hate crow pose. You’ll notice a shift in your body and mind. You’ll notice how much you crave yoga and being in this space.
Let me make a confession here. I’ve never completed 30 classes in 30 days. I’ve tried twice and I won’t say that I failed, because I gained so much from the time I did spend on my mat. So perhaps your goal when signing up for the 30 day challenge is to complete 24 classes in 30 days. Because that’s super awesome too! And we have lots of ways to help you complete this challenge, to whatever extent you wish.
Here are 7 solid reasons to accept this challenge.
1.We’ve added a special class for challengers only every Saturday at 9am. These classes will only be 30 – 45 minutes and restorative or meditative in nature. Then you can stick around for my Intro to Yoga class at 10am and boom! That’s 2 classes in one day or 8 classes during the 30 days.
2.We give you one day of home practice because we know it might be difficult to make it into the studio. Just make sure you do at least 30 minutes as home, then post a pic of yourself online and tag us or email it to us so we can see it.
3. We have 3 workshops in March that will all count as a valid class. There is an additional cost for these workshops, but you get 15% off as a challenger!
- Yoga Nidra on Friday March 4th at 8pm - Restorative Yoga on Friday March 11th at 8pm - Mala Making Workshop on Saturday March 6th at 2pm
4. Helena and I send out weekly emails to keep you motivated including special tips on completing your challenge, recipes and more.
5. We brought in new teachers. Tim Smith is teaching Monday nights at 8pm and we will be introducing new teachers in the spring.
6. Prizes! There are a lot of prizes to be won for those who complete 30 classes in 30 days. There is a prize draw for anyone who participates. Plus everyone who signs up gets a goodie bag with free class passes to share with friends, Love My Mat stuff, discount offers and other treats to help you make it through.
7. There’s a party at the end for everyone who signed up. We have a fun little pot luck where we can chat about what we loved & learnt during our 30 days together. We draw for prizes and we might even dance a little.
So, think about it. I know you can do it and so do you. You’ve got a couple weeks to ask us questions and then sign up for something that has the potential to change your life for the better. You won’t regret it, I promise!
See you on your mats! Much love & gratitude,